Balwyn Baptist Church (BBC) complies with the provisions of the Information Privacy Act 2014 in its treatment of personal information regarding staff and members of the Church Family.
This policy covers all personal information or documents held by the BBC Leadership which may be collected for administrative purposes or to facilitate communication to members or between members.
- BBC holds personal information in computer and paper based records. It takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal formation it holds is accurate and complete and that it is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure. Archived information is held securely.
- Permission is obtained before use is made of this information.
- Information is only used for the purpose for which it is gathered.
- BBC will only disclose information as required or permitted by law, or with consent.
- Direct access to your own personal information is available at all times.
- Photographs are only taken with consent.
- The website is monitored for privacy issues by the Website Administrator and photographs are only used with permission.
The BBC Secretary is responsible for:
- appropriate communication of this policy to those affected
- compliance with the policy
All personal information is managed in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2014