“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.” —Luke 2:11
“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” —2 Corinthians 9:15
Sunday 27 December:
10am SERVICE: At the church, or Click https://zoom.us/j/5172232020
Preacher: Grace Munro Philippians 2:1-11 “GOD’S GIFTS; OUR RESPONSE”
God continuously gives us gifts, following on from his greatest gift of Jesus. Our response is to submit ourselves to him, and to allow him to produce in us what he wants to see in us.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
WE GIVE THANKS:
- For those who have been unemployed, but have now found work.
- For those who have been unwell, but are recovering; and the God-given strength shown by those whose health has not improved, or whose relatives are still unwell.
- For young people who have completed their secondary schooling despite the challenges of the year.
- For the life and energy we see in our Church, as so many people are involved in ensuring that people are encouraged and taught.
- For the way we coped during the lockdown with the help of Zoom – and the joy of getting back together again in the last few weeks.
- For the new people who are attending our church, and those who have come to faith during the year.
- For the maintenance work which has been carried out, recently including trimming the trees at the front of the church, and installing new stoves in the kitchen (paid for by two generous donations).
- For the generosity of people in the church, both to meet the church’s needs, and also for special appeals such as Baptist World Aid Australia.
- Above all, for the greatest gift of all, Jesus, whose birth we celebrate this week.
BALWYN BAPTIST GIVING TO BAPTIST WORLD AID (BWAA) IN DECEMBER
- Transfer funds to church account, marked AID
- Text 0425 707 386 or email email@example.com name(s), address, phone number, email address and choice of project (1. Vulnerable children 2. Hunger crisis East Africa)