Sunday 20 December:
10am SERVICE: At the church, or Click https://zoom.us/j/5172232020
Preacher: Geoff Ryall Matthew 1:18-25 “NOT JUST WORDS”
God has taken the first step in loving us, even while we were still distant from him. Now, does someone need our love, our touch, our forgiveness this Christmas?
Friday 25 December:
9.30 – 10.15 CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE At the church, or Click https://zoom.us/j/5172232020
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
- We think of those who are struggling with ongoing illness and physical limitation
- Remember those who are separated from their family members during the Christmas period and then the Chinese New Year, a very significant time of celebration for many.
- Pray that this Christmas season, many people here and around the world will come to know Christ in a new and life-changing way.
BALWYN BAPTIST GIVING TO BAPTIST WORLD AID (BWAA) IN DECEMBER
- Transfer funds to church account, marked AID
- Text 0425 707 386 or email balwynbaptistchurch giving name(s), address, phone number, email address and choice of project (1. Vulnerable children 2. Hunger crisis East Africa)
What can happen to under-age children whose families experience poverty and are not well supported through work opportunities, education and other practical support? See https://www.unodc.org/documents/human-trafficking/Fund/UNVTF_brochure2013.pdf
Grace, in Nigeria: Grace grew up in a family of nine children in Edo State. After Grace finished secondary school, her uncle took her to Lagos, promising she could continue her education.
Instead, her uncle and aunt put Grace to work in their beer parlour and made her wear revealing clothes. Customers often offered her money for sex, and Grace’s aunt threatened to send her back to her village if she refused to accept.
Her aunt collected the money, which she said was for Grace’s education. “I slept with hundreds of men,” Grace recalls, “and never got a dime from my aunty.”