10am SERVICE: At the church, or Click https://zoom.us/j/5172232020
Preacher: Grace Munro 2 Kings 4:8-37 “PEACE”
The woman of Shunem, and others who suffer long-term pain, have sometimes learned to say “it is well with my soul”, even though it is “not well with my world”. They are beacons of peace who have a positive impact on others.
During the week: All groups continue to meet online.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
BALWYN BAPTIST GIVING TO BAPTIST WORLD AID (BWAA) IN DECEMBER
Every month we support Gayle Hill at Rise@Carlton, and Kate Pocklington working in the Oceania region. Funds for this are drawn from our regular church offerings.
Every year, we support two Baptist Organisations: Gifts for these are “extra”, “over and above” gifts – just as gifts for our families at Christmas are “over and above” what we do during the year.
- In May: Global Interaction(GIA) who send PEOPLE to share the Gospel and help meet practical needs such as poverty, education, poor water supply, and so on. (This year we sent $1835 for a couple working in Central Asia.)
- In December: Baptist World Aid Australia (BWAA), who send FUNDS and give OVERSIGHT for various practical projects. This is the time for our special Christmas for BWAA.
WHAT DOES BWAA DO?
Here are some of the things BWAA do (these are just samples, there are more):
- Emergency relief and support in the Middle East (Syrian refugees living in Lebanon).
- Clean water, hygiene training, emergency food for the hunger crisis in East Africa.
- Protecting children at risk of being trafficked, exploited or married by ensuring their families are kept secure.
- Responding to disasters: providing water, shelter, food, medical goods.
- Research to produce an Ethical Fashion Guide which helps ensure that workers living in poor countries are treated well.
THE DEACONS HAVE CHOSEN TWO PROJECTS FOR US TO SUPPORT THIS DECEMBER
- Support for vulnerable children, that is, children who are at risk of being trafficked, exploited, or married, by ensuring that their poor families can keep them safe, healthy and in school.
- Clean water, hygiene training and emergency food for the hunger crisis in East Africa.
We will give details about how you can give soon.