Sunday 25 October:
- 10am ONLINE SERVICE:Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Geoff Ryall 2 Kings 4:1-7 “What to do when you don’t know what to do”
Key Point: God knows my need. I can trust him. He will not fail.
- 11:25AM TABLE TALK: We will be looking at our Freedom in Christ– what we are freed from, and what we are freed for. You will need your Bible with you.
During the week: All groups continue to meet online.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
WE GIVE THANKS
- For last week’s Annual Church Meeting:
- The remarkable contribution made by Wei Li as our Treasurer for the past three years. We wish her and her family well as they move forward.
- The appointment of our new Treasurer, the reappointment of our Secretary and 3 Deacons, to serve alongside with the other 3 existing Deacons.
- The Reports which showed that we are a healthy, growing church, even in the midst of the difficulties of 2020.
- The newly accepted members. Also for those who are waiting for the pandemic restrictions to end so that they can be baptised and become members.
- For the Translation Team’s continuing work. The move to online services has added to their workload, but they have responded very well and we appreciate them.
- For the members of the Music Team who are increasingly providing our music for Sunday services, even though that too is not easy to do with the current restrictions.
- For our Pastor, Jun Tan, who has done exceptional additional work during the past 7-8 months as we have adapted to online services, and also Xuping Liu who provides a lot of pastoral support and care for many people alongside Jun.
- For the large numbers of people who are participating in Bible Study Groups each week (around 35 or more every week) and in various other groups which provide social interaction, Bible Reading, Prayer, encouragement and support.
- For the many people who make a contribution to church life: in practical ways, in participating in worship services, in giving financial support, in administrative and financial support, and so on.