Sunday 18 October:
- 10am ONLINE SERVICE:Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Jun Tan Isaiah 37:30-32 “We’re created for significance”
Key Point: Let us be people who serve, pray and give to see life change and to align our life with God’s purpose because we were created for significance.
- 11:25: ANNUAL CHURCH MEETING
During the week: All groups have now resumed online after the school holidays.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
A CHURCH MEETING IS AS MUCH A SPIRITUAL GATHERING AS IS OUR WORSHIP SERVICE
We come to the Church Meeting on Sunday, and the aim of our church is to follow in Christ’s footsteps as we make decisions about the ongoing direction of our community.
We have every reason to give thanks for the way in which Christ has led us during the past year. It has not been an easy year, and yet God has blessed us beyond our expectations.
Please pray about the decisions to be made at the meeting:
- Appointment of Deacons, Secretary and Treasurer:
- The people nominated as deacons are Geoff Ryall, Janet Washington, Grace Munro, Tina Xiao.
- Bert Zerbst has been nominated as Secretary.
- Tina Xiao has been nominated as Treasurer.
- The deacons are recommending that we accept the following people as members:
Tracy Chen was baptised in Canada, Jessy Chen, Jessy Liang, Yijun Sun, Elaine Sun, Annie Sun, Tiaufeng Tao were baptised at Balwyn Baptist some months ago.
- The next year of finances:
In a year when many people face difficult financial situations, Joyce has indicated that if we are able to meet again at the church in early 2021 (and other groups resume meeting in the church), we will conclude the July 2020-June 2021 with income greater than expenditure. If we can’t resume meeting until July, we may only face a loss of around $7000.