Sunday 13 September:
- 10am ONLINE SERVICE:Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Geoff Ryall Psalm 91:1-16 “A Psalm for a Pandemic”
Let us be people who dwell (i.e., take up permanent residence) in the shadow of the Almighty and not the shadow of the pandemic!
During the week:
- Conversational English, Shalom and Mustard Seed are taking 3 weeks off for school holidays. Some other care groups are taking 1 week off, others are continuing on. Contact the leader.
- If you would like to join a Care Group, contact email@example.com, 0425 707 386.
Care groups on the web: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
Today we highlight the Bible Study, Shalom, led by Bill Washington on Friday evenings at 7.45pm, following Conversational English. The group has been going for around 6-7 years.
This group is in English. As well as doing a Bible Study, it can help some of the more experienced Conversational English students in developing their language skills.
Each week they have a Bible Reading, and a discussion about it. They are open to discuss any questions people may have. At present there are only 4-5 members, so if you would like to join, contact Bill.
TIME FOR REPORTS
Leaders of all groups, don’t forget we need your reports in by 5 October. Thank you Yang for being the first one to report!
It was encouraging to see the offering figures for August, $7,865, which is $315 better than budgeted. JobKeeper and a Covid subsidy totalled $4,405, were a great help. We received 3 month’s rent in advance for the Manse. Expenses were less than budget in August, though this was largely due to delays in finalising some maintenance matters. So there was a surplus of $7,971 in August.
Joyce Lin and Wei Li are preparing a revised budget which will see some significant changes to the budget we accepted in May:
- because we are not meeting in the church, utilities expenses are lower,
- various much-needed maintenance work is being done,
- the reduction of rent to 10% from groups using the church building,
- JobKeeper continuing.
- a budget offering figure of $7,500 every month
This revised budget will be presented at the October 18 Annual Church Meeting.