Sunday 30 August:
- 10am ONLINE SERVICE:Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Jun Tan Luke 6:46-49 “Take up your cross…and a Shovel”
To experience true Christian healing, we must dig deep where there’s a gap between our stated beliefs and our lived beliefs in order to build our everyday life on the Rock of Christ’s living Word.
During the week:
- Normal activities: The usual Bible Studies and Care Groups will continue to meet online. If you would like to join a group, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 0425 707 386.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
Today we highlight “The Esther Sisters Fellowship”.
This is for sisters to join and share via the collective learning of bible stories. It’s in Chinese, and happens every fortnight on a Saturday night.
There are around 26 sisters in the group, with an average of about 12 people attending each time they meet online. Their practice is to read a passage of scripture and then talk about it, not only learning from the story but also applying the principles of it to their own lives. Last week they studied the story of Rahab, a prostitute who hosted the spies sent by Joshua, in Joshua 2.
One of the important functions of the group is to support and pray for each other. The leader is Grace Tsui, so if you want to join, please contact her.
A number of you asked for the details of the booklet which Kate Pocklington recommended after last Sunday’s service. The cost is under $35. Always Love website – https://www.alwayslovebook.com/
You can buy it at:
- amazon.com.au– https://www.amazon.com.au/Always-Love-Timeless-Story-Heart-ebook/dp/B07YQHXPCQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=always+love&qid=1598146314&sr=8-1
- Book Depository – https://www.bookdepository.com/Always-Love-Sara-Lubbers/9781999607951?ref=grid-view&qid=1598146357789&sr=1-7
Here is Kate’s recommendation which she wrote for the book…
“Sara Lubbers has done a magnificent job of choosing key stories of the Bible and weaving them together in Always Love, resulting in a powerful and creative presentation of God’s truth wrapped in refreshingly alive language. This is a gem not only for young readers of God’s truth, but for all generations who retain an adventurous spirit and a love for God’s Biblical narrative.”
– Dr. Kate Pocklington- serving in leadership development and mission formation