Sunday 12 July:
- 10am ONLINE SERVICE: Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Ps Geoff Ryall. 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. “God changes our eyesight”
Reconciliation brings healing of relationships – with God and with others
During the week:
- Pastor Jun is now on leave. Please give him and Xuping the opportunity to have a break from their work at the church.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
- Prayer: We are all disappointed that there has been a spike in Covid-19 infections in Melbourne and a re-introduction of restrictions.
Please be in prayer for those who are most affected by this:
- Those who have lost work, or have been without work for a longer period, or have limited work opportunities.
- Those who are particularly vulnerable to the disease due to illness or age. (Those sick and in the vulnerable age group. Many other families have elderly relatives living with them.)
- Those in aged care facilities, their families, and the staff who care for them. ( It has been reported that a staff member at Templestowe has been diagnosed with Covid-19 so patients are in quarantine).
- Families who are again facing the prospect of home schooling, and teachers adjusting their teaching skills for online learning.
- Children who cannot spend time with their friends, even during school holidays.
- People who find the isolation particularly stressful and emotionally difficult.
- The financial impact of the pandemic on the whole community.
- Small businesses which will struggle to survive following this period.
We pray also for the many countries around the world who continue to experience significant levels of infection. In many developing countries, medical services are very limited, and people often live in very cramped conditions where they must share basic facilities. Consider people living in major cities of India, Bangladesh, Africa, South America and similar areas.
2. Who to contact: During Jun’s absence, please contact the deacons if you have any questions.