Sunday 28 June:
10am ONLINE SERVICE: Click https://us02web.zoom.us/j/480278172
Preacher: Ps Jun Tan. John 12:20-26 By his wounds we are healed- 5
“A Grain of Wheat” – how can we experience God’s healing day by day?
TABLE TALK: Continuing the discussions we held at our last Table Talk.
During the week:
Table tennis has resumed! Best wishes to Yang Liu as he leads this.
Other groups will continue meeting on Zoom.
Care groups: http://balwynbaptist.org.au/ministries/care-groups/
- Weekly news: Instead of having our usual monthly bulletin, we are trying this weekly “In the Family”. Our aim is to put it out by email and WeChat (in Chinese) on Friday afternoon, and also to include it on the BBC Website. We welcome your feedback on this new initiative.
- When will we return to the Church building? The process is beginning but it is necessary for us to take sufficient time to ensure we adhere to Government regulations.
- Last week the Music Team met on Friday and recorded songs for the Sunday service.
- The Deacons met in the church building last week.
- Soon, all participants will gather and the service will take place in the Church Building.
The Deacons have decided that there are certain pre-requisites before we can meet as a full congregation in the building:
- All attendees must be free of any infection.
- The limit on numbers needs to be 100 or more (we are currently having possibly more than 60 meeting online and we want to welcome everyone).
- Spacing needs to be reduced from 4 square metres per person, to 2 square metres per person (at 4 square metres, only about 30-35 can gather in the Sanctuary).
- An overwhelming majority of the congregation will need to indicate that they are willing to resume gathering together. (We will ask for a vote. We recognise that some people are employed in relatively risky occupations for Covid-19 – such as Child Care – some are more physically vulnerable to the illness, and some are more nervous than others about meeting together. Everyone’s views will be welcome.)
Won’t it be wonderful when we can all get together again! And enjoy morning tea and Community Lunch again.